Not much different from Hanoi at 59 frankly – scooters still buzzing around. Only difference is that the temperature dropped today and its been slightly chilly. The locals, of course, have donned winter parkas.
Some Birthday treats:
- flowers from our tour guide – lovely but not as nice as the 24 roses the Rex Hotel sent up to atone for the incident in the Health Club ( more about that later)
- a birthday cake from the Sheraton Hotel – expect the picture to appear in their magazine
- cooking lessons at the Metropole
- a lovely dinner including Champagne
- being with Laurent
- the greetings sent by my friends and family – love you all!